Monday, December 2, 2013

The Rules

I have some rules that I follow, almost 100% of the time. Some may call them quirks.

1. Wooden spoons must be used when cooking the following dishes: refried beans, macaroni and cheese and creamy soups.

2. Macaroni and cheese should be eaten with a fork. So should mashed potatoes. (I have a friend that insists on using a spoon. She is wrong.) The only exception is when you are only eating mashed potatoes for dinner. Then a spoon is the logical utensil.

3. Socks should match. I know that isn't a very cool thing to say, but it really bothers me when my socks are different thicknesses.

4. Black ink > blue ink.

5. Mints, tic tacks, skittles, M &M etc should be eaten in odd numbers.

6. If I am out to eat with a group of people, 90% of the time I will get a chicken Cesar salad. Mostly because I take forever looking at a menu, and I don't want to hold up the group. It is my fall back meal.

7. I try to not let my car get below a quarter of a tank of gas.

What are your quirks??

5 comments:

Erika said...

I particularly like your #5. It reminds me of my own personal favorite quirk: When setting an alarm, the minute has to end in an odd number (except 5). Nine and one are second-worst choices...really the best possible time to set the alarm for is any time that ends in a 3 or 7. Therefore I set my morning alarm for 6:17 and snooze it til I get out of bed at 6:53 (or 6:47 if I plan to fix my hair). I'm not sure what would happen if I accidentally set it for an even number but I hope to never find out.

Jen said...

I always use wooden spoons for those dishes as well!

Becky Dougherty said...

I love this! Haha. I have to strongly disagree about ink, though. blue ink > black ink....AND colored ink the matches my outfit that day is better than both. :)

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

I need to steal this post idea! I love it.

I do prefer blue ink over black ink and eat mashed potatoes with a spoon.

Angi said...

Love this, and totally agree on the wooden spoons and eating mashed potatoes with a fork. Actually I'll eat almost anything with a fork that I think will work...I can't stand the feeling of a spoon in my mouth, or my lips touching food. Whenever I have to eat with a spoon I wipe my mouth incessantly!