Monday, November 12, 2012

My Celebrity Fashion Crush

Yesterday I posted about my celebrity crushes from back in the day. Today I am sticking with that theme but this is all about my current celebrity fashion crushes.
Celebrities have always set fashion trends. Two classic examples?

I don't think anyone would argue that these two beauties are not fashion icons. 

More recently we see the likes of Jennifer Aniston, the Kardashians and Reese Witherspoon.

While I love a lot of the fashion choices of two of those, my real fashion icon is a fictional character:
What can I say, I'm a sucker for a cardigan.
The Mister and I watch Big Bang Theory together, in fact it is one of the few shows that we agree on. He laughs at me when I say things like, "Look at her outfit. It's so cute." Usually we see her in a printed dress (mostly floral), a solid colored cardigan and colored tights. The Mister told me to write a blog post about my love of her clothes (I'm pretty sure he was joking) so I decided to do a little research and I found Wornontv.net

From the looks of it, the website is run by one or two people. They take a handful of shows and try to find similar outfits that the characters are wearing. Big Bang Theory is one of the shows (I saw Glee, HIMYM, Gossip Girl and Pretty Little Liars among others.) On a picture of the outfit it will say something like "exact match found" or "3 similar items" you click on it and it takes you to links. They had links to dresses similar to Bernadette's as well as her cardigans and tights. There were some exact matches as well. A couple of the dresses were no longer in stock. Sad day for me.

One postive, most of the links for Bernadette's clothes were taking me to shops like Forever 21. When I clicked on Robin's links (from HIMYM) they were to some much higher priced items.
Robin's white and black leaf print shirt on HIMYM season 8
This is an $879 top from Neimen Marcus. For reals.
If anything, the worn on TV website is a fun time waster :) Enjoy.

I was inspired after I wrote this post to head to my closet and see what Bernadette-style outfit I could put together. Here I am in all my fashion blogger glory.

The floral dress and belt is from Modcloth. The blue sweater is like 10 years old or something. I think I would like this better with a brown cardigan and maybe some mustard colored tights. And if my dress wasn't wrinkled. That would make it much better.

Who is your celebrity fashion crush? Is there a character you would like to see on Worn on TV?

Worn on TV doesn't know me. In fact, I didn't know about them until this weekend. They didn't give me anything for this post. 

3 comments:

Jen said...

I love Bernadette!!! I love her style (even though she is just a character haha). I am envious of her wardrobe.

You look great, I love that dress.

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

I am a huge sucker for a cardigan. I have eleventy billion in my closet.

I wish I wore more dresses/tights/cardis. I should get on that.

Angi said...

Have you checked out Shabby Apple?? They're not always super cheap BUT a lot of their dresses remind me of ones Bernadette would wear!!